A Spring visit with retired Commodore Ron Warwick and wife Kim included quality time spent with two very talented people. Robert Lloyd, the world -renowned marine artist whose many works of art are enjoyed aboard the ships of Cunard Line and throughout the world welcomed Commodore Warwick and the author during a visit to his home and workplace in Pewsey.
In the village of Corsley David Carruthers, a modeler, who formerly worked with the Union Castle Line shared some time in his workshop. A long time admirer of the RMS Queen Mary, David has been busy ‘off and on’ for more than 40 years building a working 10 foot long scale model of this former Cunard flagship which still is with us as a hotel in Long Beach, California.
- Second Annual Samuel Cunard prize
- Susan Cunard Headstone Restoration project
- Halifax celebrates Cunard’s 175th Anniversary
- Commemorative 175th Anniversary Crossing QM2 July 2-15, 2015
- Cunardart – working along with a master to create a ‘masterpiece’
- Cunard prepares to celebrate its 175th Anniversary in 2015
- The Telegraph (UK) comes to Halifax
- A special time, place and person