This year 2008 marks ten years since the Cunard Steamship Society was incorporated in 1998.
Originally set up as a means of preserving and promoting Cunard history, the Society has been very active pursuing this mandate and during this time has participated in many initiatives which have helped to make the public more aware of the significant role in maritime history played by Halifax native Samuel Cunard and the Line which continues to proudly carry his name throughout the world.
- Second Annual Samuel Cunard prize
- Susan Cunard Headstone Restoration project
- Halifax celebrates Cunard’s 175th Anniversary
- Commemorative 175th Anniversary Crossing QM2 July 2-15, 2015
- Cunardart – working along with a master to create a ‘masterpiece’
- Cunard prepares to celebrate its 175th Anniversary in 2015
- The Telegraph (UK) comes to Halifax
- A special time, place and person