The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic was once again the scene for yet another award presented to a great friend and ever-popular Commodore Ronald W. Warwick, retired Master of the Queen Mary 2.
On October 13, 2006, Commodore Warwick was made an Honorary Member of the Company of Master Mariners of Canada in a colourful ceremony, preceded by a reception, at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Those speaking at the event included Grand Master James Calvesbert, Captain Angus McDonald, and Commodore Warwick. In his remarks, Commodore Warwick paid tribute to Cunard Line and gave a fascinating account of his spectacular 36 year career with the company which Halifax native Samuel Cunard began in 1840.
- Second Annual Samuel Cunard prize
- Susan Cunard Headstone Restoration project
- Halifax celebrates Cunard’s 175th Anniversary
- Commemorative 175th Anniversary Crossing QM2 July 2-15, 2015
- Cunardart – working along with a master to create a ‘masterpiece’
- Cunard prepares to celebrate its 175th Anniversary in 2015
- The Telegraph (UK) comes to Halifax
- A special time, place and person